Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Hiding New Window Openings on a Demo Elevation

Chris H
Contributor

I was wondering if anyone knows a way to keep the openings for new windows from showing up in an existing wall on a demo elevation. While the concept makes sense to me (demo-ing a hole where the window will go), my boss hates seeing these lines and thinks they're confusing. There doesn't appear to be a setting to override this. Does anyone have any ideas? My boss, who knows zero about AC suggests creating a whole new file just for the as-built model. I know this would work, but would also create a whole new set of complications.

I appreciate any suggestions!

I use AC24 on a PC. I've been using AC since v8.1, so I consider myself pretty proficient.

AC USA v8.1-26, Intel i7 11700
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

It is difficult to manage but you should be able to create the 'new' window opening but pin it to a specific renovation filter. If you create the renovation filter for demolition elevations and copy the window opening to every other filter making sure to pin each copy to the filter you copy it to then it won't show up on the elevation demolition filter. I have added a wish to be able to control which filters specific elements appear on using a tick box or an option to show on all filters except a specific one. Until that feature is incorporated you will unfortunately have to copy the new opening to every filter.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution

It is difficult to manage but you should be able to create the 'new' window opening but pin it to a specific renovation filter. If you create the renovation filter for demolition elevations and copy the window opening to every other filter making sure to pin each copy to the filter you copy it to then it won't show up on the elevation demolition filter. I have added a wish to be able to control which filters specific elements appear on using a tick box or an option to show on all filters except a specific one. Until that feature is incorporated you will unfortunately have to copy the new opening to every filter.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Chris H
Contributor

Thanks so much, Lee! That toggle is one of the features of the renovation filter that has eluded me all these years. Greatly appreciated.

AC USA v8.1-26, Intel i7 11700

This feature would be something I would upgrade for!