BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Hotlinked columns not showing through wall

ocamorlinga
Booster

I have some structural elements that have been hotlinked into my main model, (The hotlinked model contains an imported IFC model from Revit from our structural consultants) but the columns are not showing through the walls, screenshot attached:

ocamorlinga_0-1663626944200.png

The column is in magenta. I have tried changing building materials/strength/draw order but the column continues to stay behind the wall. Is there a hotlink draw-order that I am unaware of?

On a side note, is this process of hotlinking the recommended way to bring in Revit Structural model information? Seeing as our consultants model could change/update, it seemed logical to me to hotlink and then just update the hotlink when their model changes.

Thanks!

AC 24 US
Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 16.0 GB Ram, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ocamorlinga
Booster

This is not a hotlink issue. The columns just needed to be set to either Projected, Projected w/ Overhead, or Cut Only for the Floor Plan Display. This fixed it for me.

AC 24 US

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ryejuan
Advisor

have you tried the display order of walls send back?

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards

Yes I have tried changing the draw order of the walls (all the way back) and the columns (all the way forward) but it shows the same

AC 24 US
Solution
ocamorlinga
Booster

This is not a hotlink issue. The columns just needed to be set to either Projected, Projected w/ Overhead, or Cut Only for the Floor Plan Display. This fixed it for me.

AC 24 US
Learn and get certified!