Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Hotlinked door labels

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I have created a hot linked module of a toilet block that I have repeated. I now find that I cannot do automatic numbering through, document, element ID manager, because change ID is not available. Any advice appreciated. Cheers Scotty

Screen Shot 2015-10-25 at 4.38.06 pm.png
14 REPLIES 14
Dontknow
Enthusiast
I think you'll find you answer here:

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-18-int-reference-guide/user-interface-reference/dia...

Under 'Master ID' it says:
As a result, all elements have unique IDs, yet for Hotlinked Module elements, their IDs remain protected from editing in ID Manager.
Architectural construction designer, draftsman, modeller
ArchiCAD 25.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, but this doesn't actually describe how to do id door numbering, and labelling elements is still not available, but it does seem like it is saying that if its a hotline that you cannot edit the ID. It would appear that the only way to edit individual element ID is to break the hotlink?
Dontknow
Enthusiast
Yes, it seems that the only way to edit the ID is to break the hotlink when you're using a hot linked module.
ArchiCAD 25.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Or, open the Hotlinked Module file and do your numbering there. Then, with differente Master IDs for each placed Hotlinked Module instance the IDs will be unique for each element.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Dontknow
Enthusiast
Oké, thnx for that info.
But how do you set multiple Master ID's for multiple hotlinked modules?
As I see it now, you can only set one Master ID for all hotlinked modules.
ArchiCAD 25.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can select any placed instance of a Hotlinked Module, right-click and select the Hotlinked Module Settings command, and then set the Master ID for that Hotlinked Module in the upcoming Dialog.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys,

I have a related question. I'm happy to have a separate door schedule for each of my unit plans. And I've figured out how to keep the unit plan doors from showing up on my building door schedule... but here's my question:

How do I get the door tags meant to be seen in the unit plans to not show up in the building plan while still allowing the doors scheduled in the building plan, i.e. not part of a unit, to display their tag? I've placed the unit door tags for the unit plan enlarged scale and they really are awful at the building scale...

Thanks,
Cari
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You should play with Model View Options (MVO) Combinations.
Doors can be set there to be shown with or without Markers.
Set up one MVO with Door Markers shown and one MVO with Doors Markers not shown.
Create separate saved Views for each option.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, the problem is I want to show some door numbers, i.e. the ones that are in the main building plan file, just not the ones from the hotlinked unit files...
... and I want to see th door numbers in the hotlinked files...that's where the unit plans live.
It's kind of a weird problem because we have two almost identical buildings, and the PM wants the door numbers related to room numbers, and since the room numbers are 4 digits to account for which building they are in, the door numbers are currently large, and each have a unique number.
Unit door numbers are simple and not all unique... i.e. all bedroom doors have the same number... so showing the unit door numbers on the building plan is conceptually not helpful at best and really confusing at worst...
I'm wondering if I make a "building plan" MVO in the unit plan file (i.e. with the same name as the "building plan" MVO in the building file, but with the doors turned off in the unit view "building plan" MVO, would that work? or does the parent file even know anything about the unit plan MVO's?