Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Hotlinked door labels

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I have created a hot linked module of a toilet block that I have repeated. I now find that I cannot do automatic numbering through, document, element ID manager, because change ID is not available. Any advice appreciated. Cheers Scotty

Screen Shot 2015-10-25 at 4.38.06 pm.png
14 REPLIES 14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You could also use a Label to display those data about Doors. Since Labels are independent of the Door, you can place them on any Layer and you can turn that layer on or off as you need them. (Door Markers are always part of the Door and can be turned ON/OFF only with MVO.

There is a new "Door Window Stamp" label in ARCHICAD 19 that can be used for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq6RpbrwBBI
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did a test. adjusting MVO in unit file has no affect on view in host file... even if they have the same name.

I wonder if the only way to accomplish it is to use the renovation tool... it would mean duplicating all the doors... not my favorite idea...

There has to be a way... 😄
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Of course MVO in the source file will not affect how elements are displayed in the host file.

What I am saying is: turn off the Door Markers in the source file. Then in the host file, place Labels for the Doors. You can select multiple Doors and place Labels for all of them in one step. That Label will be in its own Layer that can be turned ON or OFF as needed. No use of MVO in this case to achieve what you want.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok. Awesome...sometimes just having a definitive answer is as good as the answer you wish for...:-) but if you have a minute, I'm super interested in placing multiple labels at once, that sounds incredible... I'm just starting to figure out the new labels...just being able to align with the align command without moving the pointy part gave me so much glee! Lol. I think I'd weep if there was a distribute tool that would space them evenly...but that's another post... thank you so much for being there!

And to all: happy thanksgiving wherever you are!...feel free to borrow the holiday if it's not typical for your country /culture... express your gratitude to those mean the most to you...which in my case includes all you folks that take the time to unravel and answer so many questions!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Here is the clip that shows how the Align, Distribute, and Adjust commands work on Labels:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LFpJIYxncA

And this playlist contains all clips about Label enhancements in ARCHICAD 19:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnXY6vLUwlWV4o6WaXSS4RR1ZW5CPeFgN