Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

House Curuchet

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, its the first time I post... but I always read the forum.

Anyway, this is a model I made to practice with Artlantis, it took me a lot to made the photomerge and even more to simulate ( more or less) the tree inside the house.

Any kind of critics are welcomed. Greetings from Perú

PS: Thanks Dwghit for the book, its one of the most important tools I have to learn about Artlanits. I hope to sent more renders in the following weeks

CASA CURUCHET vista 1 copia.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Very nicely done.
The lighting between the picture and the rendering appears seamless and is quite believable. I would not put quite so many cars in the foreground. Use your judgment to eliminate any "reality" that interferes with the intent of putting your idea on center stage. Also at first glance I think the pink house is too prominent, move your angle of view to lessen its importance. Additionally reduce the saturation of the pink to force it into a more subservient role.
Really nice practice work!
Snap
Anonymous
Not applicable
Kentouku,

Really nice example... can you please let us know which workflow have you used?

Has the photomerge been made in PhotoShop or Artlantis?

Thank you!!!
Dwight
Newcomer
This is a very good start.

My addition to Snap's criticism is that the 'grain' of your model is too smooth relative to the context photo.

This is a two-fold issue:

first: no materials in the real world are that smooth.

second: all photos have 'grain' or 'noise.' You've got to 'add noise' to the model image in Photoshop to truly match the context image.

AND: you'll always have more photomerging control in Photoshop.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
Nice to know. Thank you.
Dwight
Newcomer
Diana wrote:
Dwight wrote:
Nice to know. Thank you.
And why this is:

1: Adding noise - in Artlantis, there's no ability to emulate context image quality.

2: Interleaving of foreground and background requires sophisticated layer copying and trimming.

3: Color matching - if you don't get the sun color correct in the rendering, it can be easily adjusted.

4: And all the other stuff that you can do in Photoshop, so you might as well just rely on Artlantis's context feature for targeting and the actual interleaving/matching to Photoshop.
Dwight Atkinson