BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How To Resize My Drawing In Plotmaker?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I've tried importing one of my view sets into Plotmaker so that I can print it. I've set my master sheet to A4 size (as is my file in Archicad) but when the drawing comes in it's huge, A1 size. I've tried to resize it by using the stretch tool to fit it onto the page, but whenever I use the tool it doesn't shrink my drawing, it just doesnt show the bits I've dragged over (effectively it's just cropping my image).

Please can someone help me? I'm tearing my hair out!
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm going to make some assumptions;
1. Your on AC9 with the current plotmaker
2. That you are importing from the PLN file and not importing PMK files
3. That you have a current view set with a view correctly set up with layers and desired output scale.

That being said, go back to your Archicad file and set the scale that you expect the plotmaker file to be; then be sure and update the view in the view set window. In plotmaker you may need to delete the existing imported view and re-import. Sometimes just updating does not work.
Don't try to adjust the size of the drawings in plotmaker, these corrections need to be made in Archicad.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks that's great it's worked really well. The only thing is that I've got a lot of text labels on it, and whilst everything else has reduced in size, comparatively my arrows from the labels look like big black sausages that have been drawn on in paint. Is this right?!
Anonymous
Not applicable
In the label tool, you can set the size of the arrowhead in points. Check under the label settings in the pointer tab.
I find if your text or arrows are about 6 to 7pt and do not look proportional, your scale is too large or too small. Oh, and if your using the circle arrowheads, 7pt always looks too large to me. I'd take it down to 3pt.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmmmm they still look like sausages! Sorry about this I'm not an architect at all but I'm having to have a crash course in Archicad for a Uni module I'm currently doing.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aha! Played around with the arrow sizes some more and now they look fine. Thank you so much for your help!
Learn and get certified!