Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

How To make a new Dimenion Style?

Carlos Molina
Newcomer
I just want to make a Custom dim style with a default Custom text. I know how to modify a dim style but I cannot find the way to add the custom text on it-

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
Carlos wrote:
As always thanks for your reply Laszo.
But what I really need is something that when I make the dimensions already has the "Custom Value" I want... it is really inefficient to do it one by one.
I mean, if I going to dimension the Opening, just have a Custom Dim Style with the "DLO" text. Do you know what I mean?

The problem is you need to select the text portion of the dimension to customise it.
You can't customise the text from the dimension settings (apart from basic font styles/size) and the text does not have its own tool settings until it is placed and selected.
So you can't pre-set any defaults for the customised text.

But still the problem will be that you probably want this default for only single dimensions.
With a string of dimensions you would probably want to edit one or two in which case you would just select the text you want to change.

If you want, make a wish in the wishes section (and add a poll for people to vote).
Add a link to the wish here as well is a good idea.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can select the Dimension Text, then in the Info Box, switch from "Measure Value" to "Custom Value" in the Settings Dialog, and modify the text to whatever you need.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Carlos Molina
Newcomer
But what I really need is something that when I make the dimensions already has the "Custom Value" I want... it is really inefficient to do it one by one.
I mean, if I going to dimension the Opening, just have a Custom Dim Style with the "DLO" text. Do you know what I mean?
Solution
Barry Kelly
Carlos wrote:

The problem is you need to select the text portion of the dimension to customise it.
You can't customise the text from the dimension settings (apart from basic font styles/size) and the text does not have its own tool settings until it is placed and selected.
So you can't pre-set any defaults for the customised text.

But still the problem will be that you probably want this default for only single dimensions.
With a string of dimensions you would probably want to edit one or two in which case you would just select the text you want to change.

If you want, make a wish in the wishes section (and add a poll for people to vote).
Add a link to the wish here as well is a good idea.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11