Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

How can I read the grid name by using label tool? or using custom GDL label to read?

William Yan
Expert

Hi guys! I am thinking to read the Grid element's name with Label tool.

but I can't get it. Did anybody know this? THank you!

Snipaste_2022-10-02_14-59-36.png

AC 26 5002 CHI, Windows 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
runxel
Legend

Labeling Grid lines is not officially supported, but it works.

Grids are just objects, their GLOB_ELEM_TYPE will yield "1" (=object), so they are not really first class members.

Anyway, since it's an object, you can just do

request('ASSOCLP_PARVALUE', 'AC_MarkerText_1', index, type, flags, dim1, dim2, AC_MarkerText_1)

and "AC_MarkerText_1" will have the grid's name.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
runxel
Legend

Labeling Grid lines is not officially supported, but it works.

Grids are just objects, their GLOB_ELEM_TYPE will yield "1" (=object), so they are not really first class members.

Anyway, since it's an object, you can just do

request('ASSOCLP_PARVALUE', 'AC_MarkerText_1', index, type, flags, dim1, dim2, AC_MarkerText_1)

and "AC_MarkerText_1" will have the grid's name.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

@runxel  I see a solution to cropped grid lines on my to do list 👍

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

For me it is hard to understand and use these GDL code, But I will try! Thank you!

Dendarii
Booster

Another workaround is to name the Grid 'Element ID' the same as the Grid number or letter.

Go to Grid Element Selection Settings -> Classification and Properties -> ID (set to A, B, 01 etc. to match the grid name).

Then you can label the grid using the 'Element ID' autotext with either a pointer as you have shown or save as a custom label with circle/fill/autotext to match the grid heads.

Architect

Archicad user since 2001
William Yan
Expert

I worked out. Although there are few more questions in my head, I made a label to read the text of the axis. Thank you.😁