BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How can I use renovation tool with roof

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody,

I need some help to use the renovation tool on a roof: I have opened one balcony inside the roof cutting a portion of it using the "subtract from polygon" option. The problem is that this hole in the roof is a part of the original roof, and I'm not able to set only for the cut the renovation status as "to be demolished". The only option in to set the entire original roof as "to be demolished" and the new one with the hole as "new construction" but it's not what I want.
Is there a solution?

Thank you so much!
6 REPLIES 6
rob2218
Enthusiast
please, can you describe your question "visually"?
if I'm understanding correctly, you may need to create "2" roofs. Place an existing roof with a hole in it in the "existing" filter, then create a new roof with same parameters which represents "the hole" and place that on the "demolition" filter.
This way, when you 'demo' out the hole....it can properly be seen thru the phases of construction.
Hopefully this is what you were asking about.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Rob, I figured out and did exactly what you suggested. It's quite perfect, the only problem is that in the existing plan I can see in the drawings in plan the cutting lines of the hole: and it is correct because I have an existing already cut roof and a sort of "cap" to be demolished. Isn't there an other way to do the same thing, but seeing in the existing plan the roof without the cutting lines?

Thank you so much!

Best,
rob2218
Enthusiast
good to hear that worked.
well....I would think that in the "existing" which is also a combination of the demo....you'd 'want' to see in dashed lines where exactly is the roof being cut out....wouldn't you?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks,

In the existing I would like to see only the original roof without any dashed line where the cut will be done.. but I don't think that it is possible!

Thanks
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
fpalo wrote:
In the existing I would like to see only the original roof without any dashed line where the cut will be done.. but I don't think that it is possible!
Similar to Rob's suggestion for the Roof, draw white Lines that are set to Demo status, above the Roofs in the Display Order to "cover" the 2D hole. In the Renovation Filter Options, if your Demo filter is set to Override for the Demo view, and the Line Type is set to dashed, then the hole outline will appear dashed in the plan view.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
rob2218
Enthusiast
I will sometimes also make the "edge" of the roof in 2D plan a linetype of "dotted". That way, the "dots" when they print are barely noticeable yet when you zoom out as you are working you can actually see the dots which are the edges.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Learn and get certified!