Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How do I PAN

KeesW
Advocate

There is no PAN button on the bottom of my AC24 screen. There used to be a 'hand' labelled button but it is no longer there.

I've now noticed this because I used to depress the scroll wheel on my mouse. But I've just got a new computer and a K4 screen, and am reusing my trusty mouse and the scroll wheel no longer works. Instead, when I press it to PAN, it flips my layout up to the top left of my screen, at 1/4 of its original size. Any ideas?

No PAN buttonNo PAN button

Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
12 REPLIES 12
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

Can you tell us which OS are you working on?

Also I would check what happens if you run a repair on Archicad or just simply switch to a different work environment profile.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

KeesW
Advocate

Thank you Noemi.

Changing to a different work environment profile has not worked.

I've now discovered that the wired mouse (and keyboard) which came with my new computer does respond as expected, with PAN operating from the scroll wheel. Hence, it must be setting in the old wireless MS 5000 mouse. But it worked with my old Dell computer - for over 10 years! Hence, I assume that it is a mouse setting that has not been transferred to the new computer. 

I've accessed the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center to find where I could adjust the scroll wheel setting but don't know what the command is called. I've tried PAN but this is not listed in the available Archicad 24 settings for this mouse (even though it was working before). 

I've also found a specific Scroll wheel PAN option in AC24 Input restraints and guides and selected it there without success.

Any further ideas would be appreciated.

Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

Barry Kelly

Check you Windows Device settings and see if you can configure what the middle mouse button does.

Mine just uses the default Microsoft driver and has no control on the what the middle mouse button does - but the defaults seem fine for me.

You may have a setting somewhere that controls what your mouse buttons do.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru

Your layout or your entire AC window?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

@KeesW wrote:

I've accessed the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center to find where I could adjust the scroll wheel setting but don't know what the command is called. I've tried PAN but this is not listed in the available Archicad 24 settings for this mouse (even though it was working before). 

I've also found a specific Scroll wheel PAN option in AC24 Input restraints and guides and selected it there without success.

I recall in the past when I was using  Logitech mouse and driver software, I had to set the middle mouse button to 'middle mouse button' oddly enough for it to behave as expected in Archicad.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Lingwisyer
Guru

middle mouse button / mb3

KeesW
Advocate

The middle mouse button is a wheel. Pushing it doesn't work - which is the whole point of my question!

Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

Yes it is a wheel but you have to set the middle mouse button as 'middle mouse button' so when you push it it acts as a button.

The scroll will still work.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Does mb3 work outside of Archicad? Given the age of the mouse, might the switch for mb3 have died? If it is dead, could you use something like Autohotkey to emulate a mb3?