Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How do I PAN

KeesW
Advocate

There is no PAN button on the bottom of my AC24 screen. There used to be a 'hand' labelled button but it is no longer there.

I've now noticed this because I used to depress the scroll wheel on my mouse. But I've just got a new computer and a K4 screen, and am reusing my trusty mouse and the scroll wheel no longer works. Instead, when I press it to PAN, it flips my layout up to the top left of my screen, at 1/4 of its original size. Any ideas?

No PAN buttonNo PAN button

Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
12 REPLIES 12
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

With my logitech mouse I use software called 'setpoint' to configure the buttons, as Barry pointed out.

However the wheel actually has several functions: scroll wheel, middle button and two 'side' buttons (left / right). I had to set the wheel to 'middle' button and turn off the 'left' and 'right' function of the wheel for it to behave.

Perhaps you have the same issue.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

MS 5000 is a 5 button mouse, which I assume means it does not have tilt.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
RikkeFO
Newcomer

Hi! 

I am struggeling with a similar issue. My new computer (Lenovo), stupidly enough does not have that extra button (Pan button). It works when I use a logitech mouse, but sometimes I dont have that mouse with me. 
THAT is when I miss the Pan-tool (the hand). 
Did you figure out if it is possible to make a short cut or if the "hand" has returned ?