Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How do I resize Detail Marker Clipping Path

Bill
Contributor
Once a Detail Marker has been placed (I'm using the Built-In Detail Marker) how can I resize/stretch the clipping path? Under "Marker Geometry" I can change the Working Mode to "Editable Polygon" but that only affects the marker, not the clipping path.

Thanks!
Bill Szustak RA

Principal, Springboard Design

ArchiCAD 25, macOS Ventura 13.4.1
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is a setting in the Display Options to turn on the clipping boundary.
Bill
Contributor
Thanks for the quick reply... can you please elaborate? If you mean changing the "Working Mode" listed under "Marker Geometry" to "Follow Clipping Polygon" that seems to only revert the marker back to the original size of the clipping path. It doesn't allow either to be stretched, however. Do you mean something else?
Bill Szustak RA

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you see the clipping boundary on screen?

If so you can click an edge or corner and modify as you would a floor, roof, fill, etc.

If not you can turn it on by going to the "On Screen Display Options" (I forget the menu name and don't have AC running at the moment).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also if you change the size of the box then remember to UPDATE the detail marker so it incorporates the new information into it.
Bill
Contributor
Thanks for the help! Turning on the "Highlight Source Markers" on-screen display option that you mentioned highlighted the fact that the marker I was trying to stretch was one that I had copied over from another project and is unlinked. I am able to stretch new ones that I place, which are source markers.

Case closed.
Bill Szustak RA

JaredBanks
Mentor
I've been frustrated by this too. The on-screen view option you need to turn on is marker range. Sometimes my brain still thinks in v9.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Anonymous
Not applicable
great instructions and you all got us up and running after i couldn't remember how i fixed it the last time... I love the forum - search my questions and 99% of the time - find my answers.

thank you for the clear cut instructions - 2 staffers are now able to edit the clipping path after cussing under their breath, seemingly exhausting all the detail marker's options. alas, forum to the rescue.

keep up the good work
Anonymous
Not applicable
ditto on the thanks for the forum. i keep trolling and finding out something new every day.

On previous projects (smaller ones so it wasn't a big deal), but i knew i needed to get to the bottom of this for the one coming up with over 100 details.

as usual it is a simple solution, but not intuitive.