BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

How do I save a BIMx file without surfaces/materials

David Shorter
Advisor
Quite often I need to show a client a model without finishes.
I dont seem to be to do this
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You could set up graphic overrides, save a 3D view in your View Map with those GO settings applied and publish that to BIMx.

This is a bit crude though, as it will override entire elements. For example, if you override a brick texture surface with a white paint, it will apply the white paint to all sides of a wall that has the brick texture anywhere.

You can also switch to white model in the BIMx app or hidden line, etc. These will simplify the way BIMx shows the model, without needing to change anything on the ArchiCAD side of things.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
David Shorter
Advisor
Thanks that worked (saving a GO view)(always forget about the saved view controlling the BIMx)
I needed to produce a BIMx with NO materials as clients sometimes get overwhelmed with materials in early design stages. Changing the settings in BIMx is not the answer.
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I get what you mean, David. The discussion is suddenly on the colour of bricks, instead of the layout of rooms!

I think you can publish the file to default to the BIMx white model look, but not sure.

We generally use BIMx from the later design stages onward.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5