Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How do you model replacement windows? (Problem with Schedule)

4hotshoes
Advisor

The existing building will have all windows replaced with windows that are the same size in the existing opening. What is a good way to windows demo'd and new? The operation, size and configuration is the same for most windows. Then I need to show the new windows in the window schedule. 

One problem I am having is that the Demo windows will show on the schedule, but the new windows will not. In the schedule, I set the criteria for the Renovation Status to "New" but it does not work in the existing wall while occupying the same place as the demo'd windows.

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
4 REPLIES 4
mija
Enthusiast

Hi, did you make sure to turn renovation filter to "new" for schedule view settings?

Archicad 25, build 4013
Montenegro

yes, That is what I said above. and experimented with each status to make sure it was working.

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)

Two possible causes come to mind.

1. If you change the Renovation Filter setting for the View of the Schedule, but don't actually use the View/Refresh/Rebuild command, the schedule will not update.
  2. If you open the Viewpoint of the Schedule from the Project Map instead of the View of it in the View Map, it will not use the settings of the View. It can be easy to mistake this since both look the same when you open them, except for the content.

If it's neither of these, you stumped me. 😉

I tried to test it as you describe, and it seems to be working fine for me. Admittedly, I checked it in AC25, so I could try AC24, but it's hard to believe I could have missed such a flaw all last year.  🙂

Ransom Ratcliff
RATCLIFF CONSULTING LLC
Charrette Venture Group
ArchiCAD 4.55 - 26
Autodesk Certified Professional in Revit
macOS + Windows

I have been using the View Map and I have-not yet placed the schedule to a sheet. So I have not needed to "update". However, I did try it after you suggested it.

From the View Map with Reno Status I have tried four ways to see the schedule,

1. "Show all", which does show both new and demo windows.

2. "Show Demo", which shows no windows

3. "Show New", which shows both new and demo windows

4. "Show New Only", which only shows demo windows

I am puzzled, because the windows show correctly on the plans for demo and new.

Todd Oeftger