Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How to accomplish a view like this?

Kamelite
Enthusiast

I need to illustrate a full space-modell somewhat like this:

Kamelite_0-1654248348064.png

In my project, the different colours is based on a certain property and a GO. All good.

But how do I stretch them out like that?  I know for instance BimVision kan do that, but it doesn't take into consideration the GO (I believe)

Can I somehow "disconnect" each story in AC and lift them like that? Any suggestions?

AC25.

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27
9 REPLIES 9
Barry Kelly

The most obvious way I can think of (if these element are all contained within their own storey), is to add  a dummy storey in between each real storey.

Then you can adjust the height of the dummy story to spit the floors, or set the dummy storey heights to zero to bring it all back together.

It is a bit of a manual process but shouldn't be too hard.

Otherwise if it is just the document you need, then you could do a view of each floor separately and then overlay (stack) them in a layout.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
martinij
Booster

I think I would go with the stacking on layout approach. With the right amount of transparency and graphic overrides this can be a really nice display of information I belive! 

Would be nice if you post an image of your resolutt @Kamelite  

Martin Isak Jansen
(I'm the one everyone at my company asks the tech questions)
www.artec.no
bouhmidage
Advisor

Super easy 

1- select zones in 1 floor and show them in 3d, take a position and fix it, never move or turn in 3d

2- save the view as 3d document

3- repeat steps 1&2 for all stories

4- combine all 3d dovuments in 1 layout

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects

@Kamelite I would add to the comments of @bouhmidage. You need to set the view up as Axonometric before saving as a 3D Document. You can turn all relevant layers on before saving. When you have your 3D Document go to the project map and drag as many copies as you need. You can then go into each 3D Document Settings and Filter Elements by story & trim to story range. Then you can combine them on a single layout sheet.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

I took bouhmidages approach, and added your advice, and i think this is something I can develop. What you see here is the first testrun. 

Kamelite_0-1654267440191.png

In the finished PDF I would changing the angle of the camera so that is has a smaller angle....

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27

So, chapter two begins!

Kamelite_0-1654709293623.png

The upper part of this image is done with 3D-Document, and the bottom part is done with "save current view". It might be just my lack of knowlegde regarding 3D-document, but as far as I can see, it doesn't reproduce the coloring right, and the rendereing is not good.

The lower picture has better colors, and looks much better, all over. Is it any way to make the background transparent, so I can achieve the effect I'm looking for?

. Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27

Or atleast make the rendering background completely white?

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27

@Kamelite You can go to the view map and rt-clk for 3D Document Settings.  In there you will find model appearance settings that may improve things for you.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Karl Ottenstein

Yet another option might be to hotlink each story in a new file whose only purpose is to generate this view... insert the blank stories as Barry suggested (in case any wall heights are 'to next story' etc) ... Then, the view would be "live" and could be placed in the original file.  The  vertical lines showing element alignment shown in your screenshot would still of course have to be manually drawn on the layout.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB