BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How to add horizontal section on elevation view

Anonymous
Not applicable
Kindly and urgently, i need your helps please.

I have an elevation which i need to create horizontal sections on it. the problem is every time i add a section on the elevation i go to it's view and didn't find any thing, i noted that when i create a section while i am in a plan view, the new section created as an auto build section, but when i do the same while i am in an elevation view, the new section created as an independent section, and i cannot convert it to auto build or source section i don't know why or how can i generate the sections i need to.

many thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
faramawy:

I may not be following what you are trying to do, but this may work:
1. Create a Source Marker type Section in the plan for your live section.
2. On your elevation, create a Linked Marker type Section; when you do this ArchiCAD will ask you to Define Marker Reference, here you will select the previously created Source Marker.
The Section Marker in Elevation will be linked to the Source Marker.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Lingwisyer
Guru
Are you trying to create multiple plans of the same floor cut at different heights?
*Clarifying, no idea how to achieve...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
MrC
Advocate
Not sure if this what you are trying to achieve..........
ILIFFE ARCHITECTURAL

BRITISH COLUMBIA

macbook pro 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

AC 21 USA (latest build)
MrC
Advocate
....next
ILIFFE ARCHITECTURAL

BRITISH COLUMBIA

macbook pro 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

AC 21 USA (latest build)
MrC
Advocate
...and final.....
ILIFFE ARCHITECTURAL

BRITISH COLUMBIA

AC 21 USA (latest build)
Learn and get certified!