Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

How to aovid the time (clock) in "issued date" field

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys.

When placing the field "Issued date" in an index the value will be showed as both date and time...

Example: "27/11/2017 13:59"

Anyway to edit this field so it will only show the date...
Workaroaunds will do as long as they´re automatically linked to the actual "Issued date"

Any tips or tricks will be appreciated.

Cheers

Issued date.jpg

13 REPLIES 13
Barry Kelly
If you don't get a better response you could always try reducing the width of the column in the schedule.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I've added custom date fields to the Layout Info Scheme for this reason (and to be able to just set whatever date I want). You can shedule them, use them as autotext same as the system date + clock thing.

I've also added a YYMMDD format field to my Issue Scheme that I can use for publishing files.

I find that these two work fine, you just need to remember to fill out the date on layouts by selecting them, going in to settings and filling out the date at the Layout Info field at the bottom. I've also put a number of 'change A, B, C, etc' fields there for my drawing index to use. Oh and sheet size as ArchiCAD will only list the paper size in mm instead of A-sizes.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys.

Thx´s for the fast replies. The index is to be used in a company template, meaning everything has to automated, ,and no one should have to o and type the date manually, it all has to be BIM Smart, hence no personal could make the mistake of (not) typing the correct issued date when publishing revised drawings..

However shrinking column could a workaround...

Thanks for the input guys
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Shrinking will not work, as far as I know. Even if you turn off 'wrap text', there will be '...' for the missing text.

Adding the clock to the issue date seems like a bug to me. Who would care about that kind of detail?
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
BenATA
Booster

Hi All, 

Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem? I am also trying to work out a way to How to avoid the time displaying in "issued date" field

Ben

AC 22/23

Cheers,

Ben

ArchiCAD 23 -amp; 26
MacOS 12 - 13
canvea
Booster

Bumping this. This seems like a basic feature, along with the option to convert the mm of the format to A3, A4 etc. I considered making my own expression in the property manager for this, but alas - the issue date or even the system date is inaccessible.

AC24 Norway • Fujitsu • Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2123 CPU @ 3.60GHz • 32GB ram • Windows 10 Pro • NVIDIA Quadro P4000
Bogus
Participant

Also bumping this - theres been several threads about this dating back many years. Time for this to be fixed.

JCCARLOS91
Enthusiast

Hey all. 

Still no resolution to this issue? 🤞

Hoping to find a solution to this to avoid adding custom items to the scheme.

Regards,

John Carlos

John Carlos
AC25 | iMac 2019

Re-bumping the bump!