Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How to change the unchangeable for Clone folders

zoli79
Booster
I am sure you have noticed that for some view types some settings are grayed out and even more view options are grayed out for clone folders. For example you can't set the structure display for a detail. You can't set the layer combo, scale, structure display, MVO, graphic override, renovation filter for an index, structure display for a schedule and so on. But they still read a value! I have figured how to fix that in case of individual views, but it gets frustrating when I need to change the value for a clone folder.
In my case I want to change the structure display and graphic override for the detail clone folder, but I haven't found any way to do it.
I tried many trick that would work for an individual view, but failed for a clone folder. Finally my way around is this: create new clone folder (it will inherit last settings for gray settings as well), set the correct scale for individual details, repath all detail drawings in drawing manager. This last step is the frustrating one, since we have 200+ details in template file, you can not repath them in one batch, and I already had to do that last week, and I don't feel like doing it again...
Last time I even called GS help and they did not have any idea either. Any thoughts, ideas? (Sorry if this already came up in another topic!)
macOS Ventura, ArchiCAD 26 - USA version
0 REPLIES 0