Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How to create invisible dimensions lines?

Durval
Booster
Hello,

Is there any way to have dimensions with only the numbers visible, not lines nor witnesses? Something similar to the screenshot attached.

Being able to select the empty pen (#0) would solve my problem, but for some reason this pen is not available for dimension lines.

The workaround I'm using is to set a white pen for lines, but this is not ideal, because, as you can realize in the picture if you look carefully, the white pen covers some elements, resulting in a disturbing interruption of their outlines.

I know I can play with Bring to front/back to solve this, but it is not easy to find the correct combination, as I'm working with nested modules.
--- www.dtabach.com.br ---
AC 24 BR – MacBook Pro 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB RAM Mac OS 10.14
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems you've already worked out the best solution (white pens). The null pen is only available for fill backgrounds and there is no way to turn off the witness lines. You can minimize the overlay problem by setting the white lines to zero thickness. This will make them nearly disappear when printed. They will print at the highest resolution of the device which should be vanishingly small.

It seems that it would be a good option to turn off the lines. Worth adding to the wish list.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe you can use explode options?
Then delete all lines and leave only numbers
Erika Epstein
Booster
would the zone in the depository that shows length and width work in place of using the dimension tool?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Barry Kelly
As well as a zero thicknes white pen you can also create a wide spaced dotted line so that it is nearly all gap and just the occational dot.
I use this for the edges of my beams so they are still selectable on plan but invisible in print - leaving the centre (reference) line as a thick dash-dot line.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11