BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How to differentiate- Uncut line weight vs Tiles Line weight in a Complex profile.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have developed a complex profile (wall) from a composite (wall), where Topmost Part is Tiles. {See Fig. 1 & 2}
In interior elevation, I need to show the grouting lines of tiles with a light-weight pen. Thus can be differentiated easily by Mason. I can do this easily in a composite profile(slab). I just need to check the ' Use fill from Surface' from cover fill -with a specific pen from my pen set. {See Fig. 3}

But I am struggling to do the same thing for a complex profile (wall). I complex profile there is no such option for cover fill. To show grouting lines I used vectorial 3D hatching from interior elevation settings. There is no such option. In the settings of complex profiles, I just can change the uncut line. I have changed the uncut lines.{See Fig. 4} to keep the Tiles line weight lighter. But it's problematic. Because it changes all uncut lines for same profile. {See Fig. 5}

Can Anyone please suggest me to solve this issue?
I am using Archicad 23 in Windows 10
1 REPLY 1
Dave Seabury
Advocate
Avishipu

You get the hatching pattern through the building materials. Here is a composite that we use for stone veneer it is the Chief Joseph, the building material is defined with the hatch pattern as part of the material and will then show up in your elevations

David
AC 19-24 Windows 10 64 bit, Dell Prercision 7820, Xeon Silver 2414R ( 12 Cores), 64 GB Ram, Quadro RTX 4000 8GB
Learn and get certified!