Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

How to display column core and veneer lines in plan view - AC24

Scott Bulmer
Booster

I need to display the column core and veneer lines.  For some reason only the outer veneer lines appear.  Please see the attached screenshot and advise.  Thank you, ScottScreen Shot 2021-10-01 at 6.27.39 AM.png

AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

@Scott Bulmer have a look at your Graphic Override settings. You will probably find a cut fill override with "Show skin separators" turned off.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

@Scott Bulmer have a look at your Graphic Override settings. You will probably find a cut fill override with "Show skin separators" turned off.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Thank you, I double checked but that was the setting was set as 'show skin separators' for all renovation conditions.

AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.

A bit unclear what’s going on. The X plan symbol usually only covers the core so at first glance I would say that it’s the veneer line that’s missing and that you should check the Partial Structure Display setting.

But PSD also affects the preview in the settings dialog and then there’s the hidden outline that shows when selected. How is the column position in relation to other elements? Do you get the same issue if you just place it by it self?

Scott Bulmer
Booster

I apologize, DGSketcher answered correctly.  Earlier I only changed the Renovation setting to include Skin Separators that had no affect.  In addition I also needed to change the Graphic Override as well.  Thank you so much for the help.  All good now.

So Graphic Override > Fill Type - w/o Show Skin Separators extends the Floor Plan Symbol across the veneer. Rather odd that that and the skin toggle can't be done in the Column Settings.

Correct based on my recent experience with this issue.