Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How to get rid of "_layout" at end of pdf file name

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whenever I'm saving a pdf of a layout sheet my file name automatically ends with "_layout", is there any way to make this not happen? It's easy enough to delete from the file name, but it would definitely be better to not have it happen automatically.
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
Is that the actual name of your layout?
Or is it just "A0.1 PROJECT INFORMATION" and the "_ Layout" is magically being added to the name.

Are you 'Printing' from the layout to a PDF converter (i.e. File > Print), or are you 'Publishing' the layout as a PDF via the Publisher in the Navigator?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
The "_layout" is magically being added to the name.

I'm "Printing"" from the layout to a PDF converter like you said (i.e. File>Print)
Barry Kelly
I don't ever print directly to a converter.
I just tried (Microsoft print to PDF as that is all I have installed) and it is asking me to type a file name.
Maybe the PDF converter you are using is automatically creating the file name for you?

I always Publish.
Set up a Publisher set to 'Save As' and set the file type to 'PDF'.
It will use the built in PDF converter (which I find is best anyway - others can have problems with fills) and the file name will be whatever you have called the layouts.

You can also 'Merge' all of the layouts into one multi-page PDF and in this case it will create a file with the name of the folder you place them in (you then 'Merge' the folder.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you very much for the report!

I had a look at printing to PDF on macOS vs on Windows, and it seems like this is suffix is created depending on your PDF printer, as Barry said. On Windows, there is no predefined name using Microsoft Print to PDF, but the same "_ layout" suffix is added using Foxit Reader PDF Printer. On macOS, we do not have any options for changing the PDF printer, therefore the name is added automatically by the OS printer. Same as Barry, I would suggest using Publisher Set instead.

I hope this answers your question!
Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT