BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.
SOLVED!

How to import all surfaces into my surface settings at once?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am setting up a new working template and id really like to just have every archicad surface in my library rather than having to add new and add every other one individually.

Is there a way to just have all of them available in my template or do i have to manually add every single surface individually that is currently missing from my file currently?

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
adura
Booster
Hi,
You can use that way:
"Options>Element Attributes>Attribute Manager>" >>> Surface Tab
Then you will see "Current File: Untitled.aat" box at right side. Now select your prefered surface (or all of them) at left side and "Append>>" to right side.

Then Save this "*.aat" file and now you can use this *.aat file anytime.

How to use my "*.aat" files?

Again: "Options>Element Attributes>Attribute Manager>" >>> Surface Tab
Use Open button at bottom of right side box and open your "*.aat" file. Thats it!

peace...
a - d - u - r - a

Akif Duran / Architect
http://www.mimadu.com
AC21 INT, Win10 64Bit Asus N751JW

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Maybe if you extract the LCF file you can import them all using attribute manager, but most likely you will have to add them one by one.

You will have 500+ surfaces though, you might want to consider if having to scroll through those every time you want to change a surface for something is desirable.

I would look at the most typically used surfaces for your projects, add those to your template and then add the lesser used or one off ones on actual projects instead. I typically rename these with the projectnumber at the start of name to keep things organised.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Solution
adura
Booster
Hi,
You can use that way:
"Options>Element Attributes>Attribute Manager>" >>> Surface Tab
Then you will see "Current File: Untitled.aat" box at right side. Now select your prefered surface (or all of them) at left side and "Append>>" to right side.

Then Save this "*.aat" file and now you can use this *.aat file anytime.

How to use my "*.aat" files?

Again: "Options>Element Attributes>Attribute Manager>" >>> Surface Tab
Use Open button at bottom of right side box and open your "*.aat" file. Thats it!

peace...
a - d - u - r - a

Akif Duran / Architect
http://www.mimadu.com
AC21 INT, Win10 64Bit Asus N751JW

There is a command for this feature in the Developer Menu. Activate it in your workspace and the command will import all the surfaces from the linked libraries catalogs.

Screenshot 2022-09-09 at 10.17.50.png
Archicad 26 ARM, MacBook Pro M1 Max 64Gb, macOS Monterrey.
Learn and get certified!