BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How to lock in Pen Set of Layout?

Robert Nichols
Advocate
Is it just me, or is it way too easy for Pen Set to change unexpectedly. The usual case is when I am printing a sheet or sheets, troubleshooting something by editing Pen Sets, and in the process changing the active Pen Set that will affect output of my title block, drawing titles and everything else that's not a drawing on my sheet. Is there a way to capture the Pen Set as part of...I don't know, maybe the Publisher Set?

When Views were introduced many versions ago, it was such a relief to be able to organize and in a way automate management of many critical settings. Following that, the introduction of even more layered settings (Renovation, Structural Display, Floor Cut Plane) was just good news - so useful and effortless to mange with the View settings.

But that certainty seems to break down at this one place: Which Pen Set is active when printing/publishing a layout.

Is there something I'm not aware of that makes the relationship between Layout and Pen Set a true assignment, and not just a momentary/arbitrary setting?
Mac Studio, 32gb ram, ArchiCAD v26 (Apple Silicon) MacOS 13
1 REPLY 1
DGSketcher
Legend
You can add the layer settings to that concern as well. I don’t know when or why it changes, but every now & then layouts adopt one of my other layer sets resulting in missing title blocks. I would agree, there should be some place to ensure the pens, layers etc are set for layouts and not randomly modified.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Learn and get certified!