Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How to make "Existing" AND "New" door and window symbols show up on plan?

rob2218
Enthusiast
is it a model view option or a renovation filter option thing?
I need both the "existing" doors and windows AND the "new" doors and windows to show their door and window symbols on plan.

How do I do that without having to remove each "existing" door object and inserting a "new" door object in the exact same place? Please...help.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
6 REPLIES 6
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Rob:

Renovation Filter Options > Filter Settings > Existing Elements > uncheck Hide Opening Dimension Marker for the selected Renovation Filter.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
rob2218
Enthusiast
THANKS DAVID...
I'll give that a try.
should I then need to create a new renovation filter based on a duplicate of the original?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can create new Filter Settings - Show All.
Since you want to show existing and new, do not tick any of the settings below.

Or was the existing needs to be demolished. It depends if you also want a colour override for representation, then Graphic Override takes place.

Hope it helps
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
rob2218 wrote:
should I then need to create a new renovation filter based on a duplicate of the original?
I would, as showing markers for existing doors is not typical in my practice.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
rob2218
Enthusiast
Agreed...its not typical in my practice either but....this one particular architect insists on indicating the windows that are "existing" in a schedule so that the T24 (we have here in SoCali a thing called "Title24" energy requirements) that need to be indicated
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
David wrote:
Rob:

Renovation Filter Options > Filter Settings > Existing Elements > uncheck Hide Opening Dimension Marker for the selected Renovation Filter.

David
WOW....easy peasy...thanks David, that did it. Amazing when you know the solution.
thanks again.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23