BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How to make room callout on a room with all details ?

Kaitl
Participant

I am wanting to create a callout on a floor plan on a room to have this zoomein callout on another page with all my elevations. 

Please see attached images I have put a callout on the PWD on the Plan-Bathroom. This callout has then been put on another page and the elevation tool has been used within the new view created by the callout tool. 

Is there a tool like this in Archicad?

I have tried the detail tool but when placing the elevation tool within the new view created by the detail tool, the new views created by the elevation tools are not showing any details at all. 

Please help!!!

Callout on room.PNGCallout on room2.PNG
5 REPLIES 5
Tim Ball
Expert

The interior elevation tool will do this for you

Tim Ball

AC26, iMac

User since V5
Barry Kelly

As Tim said, the elevation tool will take care of your elevations.

You can use the elevation tool, or the interior elevation tool.

I actually use the section tool as I want to keep the interior elevations separate from external elevations (in the Project Map) and I am old school from before we had the interior elevations (and the fact they did not work exactly as I wanted - at least when they were first introduced - they might be better now but I am set in my ways).

For the isolated floor plan, you can use the 'detail' or probably better, the 'worksheet' tools.

But these are not live views of the plan - however they can be cropped easily enough.

I actually use a series of layers and layer combinations and a couple of separate views to separate the plan and the annotation.

Then overlay these views in the layouts to produce the plan I want, each drawing can be cropped separately.

You will see exactly what I do in this post ...

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Document-Visualize-forum/How-to-create-LIVE-Detail-Floor-Plans/t...

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

@Barry Kelly, I have a question for you about this workflow you explained in the linked thread.

What do you do if you have two rooms that both need this detailed documentation, but they are next to each other (in your example, this would mean that the Kitchen and the Ensuite are adjacent) so the dimensions/annotations of one would interfere with those of the other. Do you then create more layers to separate them in different layer combinations?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

@Laszlo Nagy  wrote:

Do you then create more layers to separate them in different layer combinations?

Yes.

I have 3 documentation layers for the odd occasion where there are 3 rooms next to each other.

Usually just 2 annotation layers/views is enough.

You still only need the one floor plan view with all annotation layers turned off.

Then you overlay that floor plan layer (cropped to just the room that you want) with one of the annotation layer views that has the annotation layer you used for that room.

Repeat for each room using the correct annotation view that has the correct annotation layer turned on.

Of course if the rooms are separated by a gap, you can use just the one annotation layer/view, as you can crop it for each separate room area.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Got it, that is what I thought. 👍

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27