Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How to print defined in AC9 Hair- & Boldlines from PM9?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hairlines and Bold Lines defined in AC9 are showing as Truewidth Lines in PM9. Any idea how to print them not as truewidth lines?
The best way that I know at this time is just to change drawing pens in PM. But I don't understand why Hair- & Boldlines don't appear in PM?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
check the display option settings for both your saved view in AC and the Display Options in PM. both affest your output

hth
wes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Weston wrote:
check the display option settings for both your saved view in AC and the Display Options in PM. both affest your output

hth
wes
My drawings in PM are in AC saved views and updated from *.PLN file.
PM hasn't display option for Bold lines (only truewidth- & hairlines). And Display option in PM don't plays any role for output drawing (they are screen only display options). The drawings will be printed as they was saved in AC.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Z.Bauer wrote:
The drawings will be printed as they was saved in AC.
Then redefine views in AC with hairlines?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Please correct me if I am mistaken, but AFAIK PM no longer supports printing as hairlines, regardless of the view options in AC.

The easy fix (and superior practice) is to reset the pens in the drawing to the desired line weight. This can be done quickly since you can select multiple pens in PM and change all the weights at once. I find this approach superior because newer high res printers (600 dpi and up) print hairlines that are almost invisible. By setting the pens to 0.1, 0.08 or 0.05 one has much better control of the quality of the output.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
Please correct me if I am mistaken, but AFAIK PM no longer supports printing as hairlines, regardless of the view options in AC.
That's what I mean!
Matthew wrote:
The easy fix (and superior practice) is to reset the pens in the drawing to the desired line weight. ...
Yes Matthew, you are right! And I do it so. But it also would be great to do thats all automatically. GS can just add new additional option for hairlines on screen & for output . So on screen we will see one pixel width lines & for output drawings we can choose hairline=0.1mm(or 0.08, 0.05) accordingly Plotter or Printer. This method will be more easier as always for each new drawing change PENs.