BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How to produce a 'plan' "under" overhangs with 3d Documents or what?

rob2218
Enthusiast

ROOF-DRAIN-3D-DOCUMENT-CUT-PLANE.pngsee attached visual. describes best what I'm looking at doing.

...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
8 REPLIES 8
rob2218
Enthusiast

forgot to mention...that inset you see in the top left plan..the smaller plan..was done with 2d Fills on a worksheet but I'd like to get "that" roof drain plan to be coming from the model...not 2d linework.

i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23

I think you can adjust the cutting plan in section window for required height, this you can do if "Show Cutting Plan" is ON. Then later from 3D Window you can define new 3D Document.

Also you can try to adjust the "Floor Plan Cut Plane" to the required height for Floor Plan window, this will create the 2D plan as you expect.

Rajesh Patil
AC 09-27 | INT | WIN11 64
Dell Inspiron 7591, Core i9, 9880H 2.30GHz, 16.0GB, NVidia GeForce GTX1650, 4.0GB, SSD Internal 500GB, Dell SSD External 250GB
DGSketcher
Legend

3D Document settings allow you to adjust the cut plane for that specific view. More info here under 3D Document Floor Plan Projection Panel

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
rob2218
Enthusiast

here's the hang up. my 3D Documents "projection plan" box is not able to be clicked on?

what's happening?

What am I missing, not clicking, button not checked, box not highlighted?

thanks,

ROOF-DRAIN-3D-DOCUMENT-CUT-PLANE-GREYEDOUT.png

i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23

@rob2218 Did you create that 3D Document View from the 3D window or the storey floor plan? The creation method is important to the results.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

from the 3D window set to "plan" view from the top.

how do I create it from the story floor plan?

And.....which one will allow me to set the "view plane" height?

i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
DGSketcher
Legend

You need to be in standard floor plan view, NOT the 3D Window. Right click and select "New 3D Document from Floor Plan...". 

thanks....yup..you were correct. was in 3D window using "top" view and that causes the "Floor Plane" button to get greyed out. Great insight. thanks.

i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Learn and get certified!