Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How to put replacement window in existing opening

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't work out to do this.
If I remove the old window by marking it "Demolish" in the renovation palette, the opening is shown blocked up, and a new opening formed for the new window, which of course is incorrect.
How do I remove the old window and provide a new window to the same opening?
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Ian:

Change the status of the existing window to To Be Demolished, as you have done. Then place another window that has a Reno status as New at the same place as the demo window. Then check that you have the correct Renovation Filter selected for your View to see the old window as demolished or the new window in place.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks David
But if I then want to show a drawing for demolitions, that opening will be shown as being blocked up, which is incorrect. And that's the point that's bothering me.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Ian:

Check that the Renovation Filter Options for that View are set to:
Existing Elements: Show
Elements to be Demolished: Override (so the line types are changed to dashed)
New Elements: Hide
That should show the Existing as is, the Demo as dashed, and hide any New elements.
The Renovation Filter setting is assigned to each View, similar to a Layer Combination.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David
Thanks so much. I can see that I'm just too uninformed about the potential variables within Archicad. I'll try this, and no doubt it will work. Sounds logical.
Ian