BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How to re-link DWG files- drawing manager shows NOT READ YET

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a few DWG files placed in the drawing. But now they don't show and there's only a gray lined box around where they used to sit.
Drawing manager shows their status as NOT READ YET.
And when I update nothing happens.
I have checked if they are on an off layer but that's not the case. Also I tried placing one of them again and it shows well in the drawing. Only the existing ones don't.
It could be that they have been deleted by accident. However, if they are still on the Drawing manager's list, is there a way to update/re-linke them so they would appear again?

Cheers
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
Fatima wrote:
It could be that they have been deleted by accident. However, if they are still on the Drawing manager's list, is there a way to update/re-linke them so they would appear again?
Yes, select the drawing (or its name in the Drawing Manager), right click on it and choose 'Link Drawing to..."

It sounds like your original source DWG files were moved (or deleted as you said).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. But when I right-click I do not get that option. Yesterday I ended up dropping the DWG files in the drawing again, once I had done that, the rest of them started to recognize it and automatically showed up again and were re-linked.
Today I opened the drawing and they are gone again
I'm using AC 17.
Untitled-1.jpg
Barry Kelly
I'm not sure what is happening here.
I get the 'Link Drawing to' option.
The 'Update' option should work if the file is in it's original location which it must be otherwise it would say 'missing'.

How did you place the DWG file?
Was it with the Drawing tool?

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Funny enough, when I change my layer combination from prelim to Render, the DWG elements show! And in the manager I can right-click and re-link option is there!!!!
Barry Kelly
Yes if the layer the DWG was placed in is turned off then the 'Link to drawing' option is not available.
I hadn't noticed that before.
But when I turn the layer off the drawing disappears completely - not even the grey frame remaining.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
The layer was NOT turned off in the other layer combination. Even when I turned all the layers on, it still did not show the DWG elements.
Not sure what's going on. Could be a clash between some layers and the layers within the DWG... :?
Learn and get certified!