Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

How to remove "story" info from a favorite.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've found that when I create a favorite, for example object or wall, it keeps story info. So if I try to insert that element in a different story, ArchiCAD gives me a message saying

"As a result of the last operation element has been created and/or have changed their position on currently unseen stories".

I know I can change that setting before inserting, but it kind of defeats (partially) the purpose of using favorites. Is there a way to remove "story" info from a favorite so it works relative the story you are in?

I've noticed sometimes it doesn't apply story, but I can't quite find out why/when.

Thanks.
14 REPLIES 14
Barry Kelly
In version 22 go into the favourite settings and choose "Element transfer settings".
There you can choose what info to use with each transfer setting.

In earlier versions I think it is just call 'Favourite Preferences' or something like that as they don't have the option for multiple transfer settings.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
See this clip for details:

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
...Home Story is unchecked and favorite still adds wall on another story, ...am I missing something?
Anonymous
Not applicable
...I think it works. I just needed to change the "Home" once and now it is "live". Is that what I was missing?
Barry Kelly
calebg wrote:
...I think it works. I just needed to change the "Home" once and now it is "live". Is that what I was missing?
Possibly.
It never used to work at all in older versions but it was also done a little differently then.
Maybe it just needed a little nudge.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Laszlo!
TaniavH
Contributor
Hi all,
I'm having the same trouble and it's very frustrating - I have changed the Element Transfer Settings multiple times, created several new ones and applied them, but it still attempts to apply a default home story (the one which the favorites were created on) to walls (it seems to have rectified itself for Zones though)....what am I missing?
(using ArchiCAD 22)...
Thanks!
TaniavH
Contributor
restarting ArchiCAD seems to work....sigh.