Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

How to remove "story" info from a favorite.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've found that when I create a favorite, for example object or wall, it keeps story info. So if I try to insert that element in a different story, ArchiCAD gives me a message saying

"As a result of the last operation element has been created and/or have changed their position on currently unseen stories".

I know I can change that setting before inserting, but it kind of defeats (partially) the purpose of using favorites. Is there a way to remove "story" info from a favorite so it works relative the story you are in?

I've noticed sometimes it doesn't apply story, but I can't quite find out why/when.

Thanks.
14 REPLIES 14
toofuerte
Contributor
This isn't working with the MEP Equipment tool the Element Transfer Settings does not have the Equipment in the Favorite options. There are other options and settings where the Equipment is not an option like an object. Can we get the Equipment tool to not left out.
Gerald Acton "Gary"

Acton Design Services

Windows 10 PRO 64 bit

i7-5820K @ 3.30ghz 32GB Ram

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB Ram

AC 19 - AC 26
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Gerald,

Thank you very much for reporting the issue and I am very sorry about the experience!

I was able to see the issue in Archicad 24. Unfortunately, I cannot offer any explanation for this. The case is being investigated by our colleagues in the Technical Support team. Once we have the conclusion, I will let you know!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Gerald,

We have just received an explanation from the development. At the moment, when we pick up a parameter from an MEP element, it will use the group of Object. Because of this, you cannot set what kind of properties do you want to transfer.

We planned to enhance this, but there were some complications about the implementation. It turned out to be a big project-size task. I hope that we will be able to correct this in the future.

Thank you very much for pointing out the issue, and I am very sorry for the inconvenience! Please let me know if you have any further question!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

gotphish001
Enthusiast
I can't get this to stick. No matter what I change favorites go onto the story I made them on(story1). I made the changes and restarted archicad many times. Using 24 solo. Is there a fix for this? I have favorites to save time but now I still have to manual change something every time I used a favorite unless I happen to be on story 1.
Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey
Autodesk Expert Elite
Archicad 26 Solo USA
https://farkasassociates.com/
gotphish001
Enthusiast
This seems like it finally stuck. I didn't even make any changes since I asked the question. I did do the update for 24. Maybe that did it.
Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey
Autodesk Expert Elite
Archicad 26 Solo USA
https://farkasassociates.com/