Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

How to represent exterior walls as one line (exterior face)?

Anonymous
Not applicable
How to represent exterior walls as one line (exterior face) instead of double lines? This is for a site plan construction document. Thank you for any help!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
Turning the line off in the composite settings will give you a wall with only one line, but you will also have to set a building material for the skin that uses an empty fill (you may need to create one), otherwise you will still see the thickness of the wall.

If your intent is to show this as a normal wall in plan, but only as a single line in site plans, this will not work.
Unless you have 2 walls in different layers, one shows on the plan and the other on the site plan.

Personally, I show regular walls on the plan.
I turn them off on the site plan and just use a fill for the building perimeter.
Yes, you still have 2 elements to adjust as they are not linked, but it is very easy to adjust the fill to match the walls if you ever have to edit them.
Placing the fill once you have drawn the wall is easy with the magic wand.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Podolsky
Ace
You can create composite wall and choose to show contour only on one side.
Solution
Barry Kelly
Turning the line off in the composite settings will give you a wall with only one line, but you will also have to set a building material for the skin that uses an empty fill (you may need to create one), otherwise you will still see the thickness of the wall.

If your intent is to show this as a normal wall in plan, but only as a single line in site plans, this will not work.
Unless you have 2 walls in different layers, one shows on the plan and the other on the site plan.

Personally, I show regular walls on the plan.
I turn them off on the site plan and just use a fill for the building perimeter.
Yes, you still have 2 elements to adjust as they are not linked, but it is very easy to adjust the fill to match the walls if you ever have to edit them.
Placing the fill once you have drawn the wall is easy with the magic wand.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Got it! Thank you so much!