Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How to save proper DWG file?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since I remember every new version of ArchiCAD was promised to be more flexible in exchanging data with AutoCAD, and even with all my practice and obstinacy I still cannot produce 100% satisfactory (accurate) DWG drawing.

What I need is:
- flattened, light 2D drawing which I can send by email with proper lines, fills and properly converted font types/size

What I keep getting is:
- huge file which cannot be read by recipient, or:
- overlapping pseudotransparent fills which cover everything
(some of them might be zones even though I check "stamp only" for zones)
- some strange huge captions
- some overlapping blocks even though I check "explode complex ACad elements"
- never sure what unit conversion I should use (for now 1meter seems to be working fine)

What I hoping to hear from you is:
- what are the optimal (prefered by you) settings for DWG-DXF Translator
(ACad 9.0 to AutoCAD 2000)
- what are the main differences in DWG, DXF and DWF formats (I need to produce 2D documentation and for that DWF works fine but I've been asked for DWG)
- also how to convert ArchiCad drawing into DRW file (Micrografx)

Thaks in advance
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
tigr wrote:
What I need is:
- flattened, light 2D drawing which I can send by email with proper lines, fills and properly converted font types/size
If all you need is a flattened file why not use DWF?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been asked particular for DWG file for further study.
In the mean time I've been able to knock out most of the described problems. Some of them does not apear in AutoCAD or DWG Viewer, Looks like ArchiCAD has problems in displaying his own DWG files which might be misleading. It is much better to use some independent DWG viewer to see how it works rather than importing back to ArchiCAD (just my experience). Below is a sample.