Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How to schedule and show walls as fire walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Im trying to figure out how I can create a fire wall with the wall tool, so that when it is shown in plan, it will have a fire wall line type associated with it.

I know I could simply draw a line over the wall to represent the fire wall, and then add the IFC firewall value, but i was hoping for something a little more automated and connected.

Any ideas or recommendations?
13 REPLIES 13
Barry Kelly
I don't actually have this object and I have nothing that can un-compress a RAR file so the original download for it is no good for me.
Being a work machine I am reluctant to go looking for and installing something that can open it.

It is quite an old object (2007) so it could well be that it just doesn't want to work with 18.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Paul King
Advisor
Barry wrote:
I don't actually have this object and I have nothing that can un-compress a RAR file so the original download for it is no good for me.
Being a work machine I am reluctant to go looking for and installing something that can open it.

It is quite an old object (2007) so it could well be that it just doesn't want to work with 18.

Barry.
I would assume the same - though the posts above ours are dated 2014, which suggests that for Adambeazly it worked under AC17 at least - but thanks for the suggestions.

What else do people do these days to delineate fire walls?
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
gpowless
Advocate
Paul wrote:

Composite and complex wall profiles have the ability to customize line types in between or on the fills that make up the CP. I use this feature frequently to identify vapour and air barriers, fire resistance ratings of different walls and different membrane types in fire separations.

For centreline simply use 2 fills with the same fill pattern and change the line between.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
Paul King
Advisor
gpowless wrote:
Paul wrote:

Composite and complex wall profiles have the ability to customize line types in between or on the fills that make up the CP. I use this feature frequently to identify vapour and air barriers, fire resistance ratings of different walls and different membrane types in fire separations.

For centreline simply use 2 fills with the same fill pattern and change the line between.
Thanks - a good suggestion. I was thinking about something along those lines as a last resort, though ideally want to be able to switch the fire rating symbology off without switching the wall off in some views - for example in cross sections, or detailed plans. where denoting rated partitions is not the purpose of the view

I tried the renovation tool for this though struggled to find a good way to distinguish between different fire ratings this way - has anyone done better?
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop