Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How to show Master ID in Zone Stamps in AC17?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

We're working on a mixed use development in which we've modelled apartment layouts as modules and hotlinked them into a teamshare model. Each hotlink is given a master ID representing the apartment number.

Within each apartment module, we've drawn a zone to the full extents of the apartment footprint with the apartment type as the Zone Name, and left the ID blank. The intention is for this zone to be visible on an overall plan view with apartment type and apartment number shown in the zone stamp.

The problem is that the Master ID doesn't seem to show on the zone stamp. I can see the Master ID added on to the zone ID under Tags & Categories, but the zone stamp only shows the zone ID without the Master ID appended.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
25 REPLIES 25
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The Zone Stamp is a GDL Object and displays what is scripted to show.
You would have to modify the 2D script of the Zone Stamp GDL to take the GDL Global variable that returns the ID set for the Zone Stamp and display that.
It would take a bit of GDL scripting, though.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein
khairulfikri wrote:
The problem is that the Master ID doesn't seem to show on the zone stamp. I can see the Master ID added on to the zone ID under Tags & Categories, but the zone stamp only shows the zone ID without the Master ID appended.
I can reproduce everything you've done. This is a little odd in light of the Help Center information on the hotlinked module functionality of 17:
http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-17-int-reference-guide/archicad-17-new-features-gui...

The end of that Help file suggests placing the zone in the module, not in the host project:

Thus, you can define Zones once in your source Hotlink module, rather than afterwards in the host file.
Optionally, connect the Zone ID with its Zone Number to display this information in the Zone Stamp.
• For example, a Zone with an ID of Bathroom in the source file is placed into the host file as part of a HLM with a Master ID of R213. Its Zone Number will then be R213Bathroom.
I can't quite sort out how to get that to work as stated. Elsewhere, in the 17 new features guide, it says that the Zone Stamp 2 now does what you're asking for... but I don't see that (quickly) either.

I would agree with Laszlo on the need for custom scripting... in all versions through 16... but the above seems to be telling us that 17 is supposed to handle this for you out-of-the-box.

(??)
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys!

Karl, the zones are placed in the HLM and given hotlink Master IDs in the host model with the hope that the Master ID can be shown to represent apartment numbers. I can see that the Master ID has been appended to the zone ID, but not in the zone stamp.

There is also an option to show "Apartment ID" in Zone Stamp 2, though I can't see how this parameter is set, and whether it can be set in the host model for the HLM.

And that bit in the Help File about "connect(ing) the Zone ID with its Zone Number to display this information in the Zone Stamp" is rather cryptic. How do I do that?
Anonymous
Not applicable
All that aside though, how would you show apartment numbers?
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Karl wrote:
Optionally, connect the Zone ID with its Zone Number to display this information in the Zone Stamp.
• For example, a Zone with an ID of Bathroom in the source file is placed into the host file as part of a HLM with a Master ID of R213. Its Zone Number will then be R213Bathroom.
I can't quite sort out how to get that to work as stated. Elsewhere, in the 17 new features guide, it says that the Zone Stamp 2 now does what you're asking for... but I don't see that (quickly) either.
Presumably if you use a zone stamp (eg. Basic Zone Stamp) with the ID enabled within it, then give the placed HLM a Master ID, the zone stamp will show that Master ID combined with it's own ID. I could get the zone ID to show correctly but couldn't get the zone stamp in the placed HLM to reflect all the information.

I'm either not holding my tongue right or there's a bug with the Zone Stamp picking up the combined ID!

The only other way around it AFAICS is to place text into each room in the master file.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Link.

That's what I've been getting - the zone's ID takes on the Master ID but the Zone Stamp only shows the zone's ID without the Master ID appended. It's the same for both Zone Stamp 1 & 2 in 17.

I was hoping not to go down the route of dumb text but hey, such is life.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I tried this and I think this may not be possible to be accomplished.
The reason is beause the HLM is locked from the host file's point of view.
Maybe the Zone Stamp within the HLM is generated separately before it is displayed.
This Master ID thing probably works only when creating Interactive Schedules of Zones.
But the host file cannot get into the HLM to add the Master ID to the ID of the Zone within the HLM.

You could make a wish about this.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Respectfully, I think it's a bug Laszlo. The documentation clearly says it will show up in the Zone Stamp. Unless we're missing the procedure somehow. I think it's worth asking GS.

Is Marton around?

Cheers,
Link.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Thanks Link for the correction.
I actually have not fully read the Help article Karl linked in.
But now reading it, it clearly states that the Zone Stamp should be able to display the Zone ID extended with the Master ID, which it does not do.
So this may very well be a bug.
I will report this to Graphisoft.