Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How to show Master ID in Zone Stamps in AC17?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

We're working on a mixed use development in which we've modelled apartment layouts as modules and hotlinked them into a teamshare model. Each hotlink is given a master ID representing the apartment number.

Within each apartment module, we've drawn a zone to the full extents of the apartment footprint with the apartment type as the Zone Name, and left the ID blank. The intention is for this zone to be visible on an overall plan view with apartment type and apartment number shown in the zone stamp.

The problem is that the Master ID doesn't seem to show on the zone stamp. I can see the Master ID added on to the zone ID under Tags & Categories, but the zone stamp only shows the zone ID without the Master ID appended.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
25 REPLIES 25
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Thanks Laszlo!

There's a lot of potential with this! I like the direction it's headed in.

Please let us know if/what you hear.

Cheers,
Link.
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Link wrote:
Is Marton around?
Yep, I am here .

The source of the problem appears to be that when we introduced this new feature the GDL side hasn't been developed.

Due to internal priorities the corresponding GDL development project has been delayed, though the documentation already had the topic about the zone features.
As a first step we will update the documentation to reflect only the available options.

Apologies for this false information in the guide.

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Marton wrote:
Yep, I am here .
Great! What took you so long?:wink:
Marton wrote:
As a first step we will update the documentation to reflect only the available options.
You know I'd really hate to upset those documentation people, can't you go and bug the GDL programmers instead?

Cheers,
Link.
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Yeah, it would be ideal to develop the GDL part and leave everything in the docs. Unfortunately this is quite a bit of development, involves zones, markers, labels.

I will try my best to raise the priority of it.

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Marton wrote:
I will try my best to raise the priority of it.
Thanks mate - that's all we can ask!

Cheers,
Link.
owen
Newcomer
bugger I just discovered that this great new feature is not actually a feature

should the Documentation be updated to reflect? because i'm still seeing:

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-17-int-reference-guide/user-interface-reference/dialog-boxes/modules/place-module-dialog-box/
Note: As with other elements, the Zone ID is extended by the Master ID of the module instance it belongs to. Optionally, connect the Zone ID with its Zone Number and display it in the Zone Stamp.
• For example, a Zone with an ID of Bathroom in the source file is placed into the host file as part of a HLM with a Master ID of R213. Its Zone Number will then be R213Bathroom
I assume the reason this was not finished is it is tied up in the general implementation of RW access to IFC parameters from within GDL?

This has to be in AC18 ... i'm sure you guys understand how fantastically useful this will be (e.g Labelling all sorts of IFC properties of elements). It still won't match Revits capabilities (IFC Shared Parameters + View Filters) but it will be a very good step in narrowing the gap (View Filters is one of the few things i think Revit does much better than AC .. its what the Renovation Filter should have been).

cheers,

owen
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I to see the potential in this feature and would so much like to see this as a hotfix in 17.

This would help us meet the requirements of our biggest contractor who is currently glancing towards Revit as a solution instead.
Wokka
Contributor
It is also strange that the Master ID and Global ID show up on labels i.e. if you label a window or door with the simple 'ID' label in the hotline file, it adds the master ID to the objects ID… ??
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
Wokka
Contributor
Also wondering, why I can't open the label 'ID' to view the script? What does it call up apart from glob_ID?
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
Ed_Brown
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
GDL Gurus,

There is now a new GDL REQUEST syntax. It is available from AC 18 build 4020 and on.

New Master ID query (from v18 4020):
result = REQUEST("Full_ID_of_parent", "", id)

It will work with the Label, D/W Marker, and Zone Stamp.
Here is an example:
dim id[]
n = REQUEST("Full_ID_of_parent", "", id)
for i = 1 to vardim1 (id)
text2 0, 0, id
next i

** Note the value is returned in an array !

Here is a sample of how the Curtain Wall DW Label works in 19 (and how you can get it to work in 18 )

The masterID_source.png shows the GDL code snippet beside the placed and labeled element. This is from the file that will be the source hotlink:
MasterID_source.png
Graphisoft Technical Support