BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

How to show floor plans with sketch type lines?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all - I was wondering if there is a way to show a floor plan with the walls and windows set to look more sketch like. I love the program so far but I'm struggling with a way to present initial floor plan concepts that don't look too finished/final. I would like to show the walls (interior and exterior) and the doors and windows in a more soft/sketch like way. I figured out how to do it with regular lines and shapes by just changing the line type but I can't figure out how to do it with the walls, windows and doors. Thanks for any help, tips, advice - much appreciated!
8 REPLIES 8
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
SJPHouse:

I did this using Graphic Overrides for the wall, windows and doors in AC 21, should be the same in AC20.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks David somehow I missed this reply awhile back I will try it.
Tendenz
Participant
David wrote:
SJPHouse:

I did this using Graphic Overrides for the wall, windows and doors in AC 21, should be the same in AC20.

David
David, could I please trouble you for a screenshot of the Graphic Overrides rules for this?
iMac OS X 11.6

2,3 GHz Intel Core i9, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

ArchiCAD 25
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Tendenz:

See attached screen shot. Then create a GO Combination that contains this rule.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I`m new to the Archicad Community and wonder:
How do you make the linetype "sketch"?
(I know how to make a custom linetype, but not how to make one resemble the sketch shown in this tread....)
Thanks in advance.
Anders.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Anders M:

First try opening a template file and see if a sketch line type is there, it can be moved to your project file with the Attribute Manager. If not, then just use the Polyline Tool to create your own.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
Barry Kelly
David wrote:
If not, then just use the Polyline Tool to create your own.

Just to clarify a little.
Create a polyline you want for the sketch line in plan.
Select and copy it and then create a 'Symbolic' line - pasting that polyline in for the pattern.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks David & Barry!
Found it in the template file!

Anders.
Learn and get certified!