BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

How to stop beams from intersecting in plan and section?

kylevfa
Booster

I am trying to shift away from using 2d objects to represent structural elements in my Archicad models and as such have created complex profiles for framing. However when these elements are placed side by side they merge together and display as one larger element. How do I avoid this behaviour from occurring? I have attempted to set the intersection priority to 0 for the building material used in the complex profile. In addition I have also attempted to notch the corners of the complex profile as well. Both of these attempts did not resolve the issue.

Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 11.40.19 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

You could change the Intersection Group of the layer those elements are on to Zero. This will need to be changed on all relevant Layer Combinations. This will also prevent these elements from connecting in plan.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

You could change the Intersection Group of the layer those elements are on to Zero. This will need to be changed on all relevant Layer Combinations. This will also prevent these elements from connecting in plan.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
kylevfa
Booster

This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much! 

KeesW
Advocate

I think that is is one of the worst features of Archicad when used for joinery type detailing. There are ways to show abutted timber sections - eg. use different materials for each timber component. However, wouldn't it be better if users could change the default situation which automatically removes joins between abutting same material items to retaining the join lines?

Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU

This is amazing - I'm modelling some bespoke joinery and this has solved so many issues. Thank you!

ArchiCAD 26 Solo - Mac
Learn and get certified!