BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

How to transfer over all BIMx models into the new BIMx Labs?

rob2218
Enthusiast
So....I noticed that I suppose BIMx Labs is a totally different application then the BIMx ?

So how does one go about transferring all those models that reside in your ipad, on your BIMx app to the new BIMx Labs app?

Is there an easy way to do this other having to upload all your BIMx models to the graphisoft BIMx portal and then having to reload/re-download them again onto your BIMx Lab app?
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
4 REPLIES 4
rob2218 wrote:
Is there an easy way to do this other having to upload all your BIMx models to the graphisoft BIMx portal and then having to reload/re-download them again onto your BIMx Lab app?
Except dragging bimX files (which are not linked to one application or another) into the BimX LAB application folder via itunes ... I'm guessing there is no better solution

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
rob2218
Enthusiast
Geez...that blows.
Seriously?

I'm having to go into my BIM Transfer Site, look up (type up) inside the BIMx Labs app all my old BIMx models and then have to redownload them ALL into my BIMx Labs app...............what's goin' on here guys?

Also, someone mentioned that the BIMx Labs app was "NOT" complete?
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
BimX LAB is in development not finalized but accessible to users to allow GS to receive notices and feedback from users

It's a great opportunity to check the next level of BimX application
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Gyuri Nyitrai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
"Is there an easy way to do this other having to upload all your BIMx models to the graphisoft BIMx portal and then having to reload/re-download them again onto your BIMx Lab app?"

If you don't wish to use BIMx Model Transfer service (bimx.graphisoft.com) I recommend you to store your Hyper-models on any cloud storage which has a dedicated app on iOS (like iCloud, Dropbox, Drive, OneDrive,...). In this way all you Hyper-models will be just one click away from both (BIMx or BIMx Lab) apps via the + menu in the top left corner.

Regards,
Gyuri