Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Huge file size when creating pdf files

Anonymous
Not applicable
I try to make an PDF file and it works great, excepts that the file size becomes 22 MB. Im using acrobat, but also tried amyuni which works a little bit better 10MB output. There are no images in the file just an ordinary file. witth hatches and walls etc.
11 REPLIES 11
Barry Kelly
s2art wrote:
I tried rotating .......

On another (similar) note, we have discovered recently that text rotated for an alternative master title block does not justify or format correctly, when published to PDF. The original text was "spaced" and rotated 90degrees, which looked fine on the master, but went to normal (100%) width in the PDF. When right justified, this produced an incorrect result.
We have had similar problems with rotated drawings.
They appear fine in the layout but when published as a PDF, random text and dimensions that are upside-down get corrupted by the Amyuni PDF convertor and become jumbled.

Try rotating the drawing by 89.99° instead of 90°.
It works for us.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have found the best solution to all of tehse rotating and justifying and spacing problems is to use a different PDF writer.

That one that comes with Archi CAD does not work in our office- for what ever reason, and Adobe Acrobat does not seem to do anything for us either.

I use ScanSoft PDF Converter-
It is cheap and easy to use, and works well with ArchiCAD.