BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

I can't open a section

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have drawn a section line on the plan but when i try to open the section it does't really open. It appears only this window, saying it is counting the polygons, for a very very long time (i attached a printscreen of this window below). Can someone help me please? Really worried about this problem.
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
If you can open other sections fine, then I would suggest there is something in that section range causing the problem.
Try limiting the depth and height ranges to see if that will help.
Or maybe move the section line slightly to see if that helps.

Create a 3D all storey marquee of the area the section is looking at and view that in 3D.
Is there something there that may be causing the issue?

Basically you will need to track down what is causing the problem by a process of elimination.
Maybe try turning all layers of and turn them back on a few at a time.
That may give you an idea of where the problem is.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello Francisco,

Thank you very much for your question!

As Barry mentioned (thank you very much, Barry!), there must be something wrong with this section that prevents it from loading, for example, a beam/wall with corrupted geometry.

For further investigation, I would like to get the file for checking. Please let me know if it's possible to share the file and whether you need a place to securely upload it!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!