BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

I have 2 problems (cad conversation & layout book )

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello , first problem the project scale 1-50 and iam trying to save as dwg for other departments
or to model and scale is fine but layout book i need to work on it or in layout book and model is scaled 2 times bigger
second problem i want to save a 2d copy in archicad and copy and paste from layout book to work sheet is not the best idea ,Do i have other solution
the reason i want to do that , i have 4 buildings on land 3d and 2d plans sections with details , now i have to change positions for all and rotating and moving them losing their extra text and lines ,hatches in sections and elevations ,any idea how to manage that ! file is already 1 gigabyte
Thanks for reading
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Essam,
You seem to be working a bit back to front.
The layout book is ideally just for laying out the documentation you create in Archicad.
You shouldn't need to do any work in the layouts at all.

Create your model (or 2D drawings if you must) in Archicad.
You then save a view of that view point and that view contains settings for the layer combination, scale, pen set, renovation filter, graphic override, etc.
So that view will remember all of the settings just as you want to se it.
You can save multiple views of the same view point, so you can have the plan saved at different scales.

Yes, documentation (text and dimensions) can be a problem at different scales because it seems to get bigger/smaller and move positions.
My solution to this is to have separate layers for for each annotation scale that you can turn on or off for each view.

So now you have views of various scales that you can place on your layouts and can publish these as DWGs if you want.

As for the worksheets, you create those from Archicad defining the the area of the model that you want to include in the worksheet.
This will create a 'Worksheet' view of the model that will contain a 2D version of the model that you can work on.
It is still linked to the original model and you can 'rebuild from source view' if you ever change the original model.
You can now save views of this worksheet with the settings you want that again you again can place on your layouts.

As you look in your navigator you will see 4 icons.
The process is basically work from left to right of those icons.
Create the view points in the Project Map )icon 1).
Create views of the view points in the View Map (icon 2).
Add the views to the Layouts (icon 3).
Create a Publisher Set (icon 4) of the layouts that you can publish when ever you want.
Now as you modify you model view points or views, the cahnges will automatically flow through to your layouts and publisher set.
There should be no need to copy information back the other way.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry for reply actually i don`t draw on layout book but i do on sections and elevations ,if i copy one building with its own sections ,all data for documentation will be gone , if i move a building with its own sections all documentation will remain in original place .
In Autocad after i save from Archicad i have to work or Autocad layouts to fit ,other wise i can save to layout and lose scale in model ,
other thing saving to Autocad elevations with shadows looking horrible ,i try to copy in view map duplicate to make copy without shadows ,it change the original ,i feel i have a problem understanding view map ,Thanks for your time
Barry Kelly
Essam wrote:
other thing saving to Autocad elevations with shadows looking horrible ,i try to copy in view map duplicate to make copy without shadows ,it change the original ,i feel i have a problem understanding view map

The problem here is the shadows on/off is controlled in the section/elevation settings (i.e the view point settings) and not with the view settings that you create in the Project Map.
So if you turn the shadows on/off in the section/elevation settings, then all of the views based on that view point will also have the shadows turned on/off.

The only way around it that I can think of is to actually have 2 separate sections/elevations.
One with shadows on and the other with shadows off.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!