BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

I have no experience of LightWave.. i Desperately need help

Anonymous
Not applicable
i've finished my building model useing the archiCAD... and i want to render my model useing the lightwave program (i want to make fly-through).... can somebody pls tell me the basic steps because i don't know how to use the lightwave?????

(in archicad) should i go to file->save as-> which format!!!!??? or should i go to image-> create fly-through-> which format?????!!!!.....

(in lightwave) i don't know anything in here .... what shull i dooo...

sorry for disturbing you but it's just that i don't have much time to learn a new program as my Project submission is after 2 weeks....

please try to help me ...
12 REPLIES 12
Djordje
Ace
You don't have much time for that ...

Why do you not try to do the fly through in ArchiCAD? Supposing that you are on 9, it can be quite good.

Hardly anyone can explain you how to do it in two weeks ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
well.... i'm trying to render a school buildin..... i used few objects for the external view in order to create a fly through useing the windows xp.... but Internally i couldn't reduced the amount of the objects...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Making that in LightWave will not help you so much. I suggest do it in Archicad. If you want essentially better quality (GI, or so) 2 weeks might be not enough to render the thing, not mentioning that you want to use software that you don't know at all. If you don't know how to create fly-through in Archicad read the manual, and come back with more specific questions. Good luck.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i know how to use the archicad and i've finished with the fly-through only for the external look of my building..... but i coudn't create a fly-through inside the building because widows XP gives every program a limite of 2 GB and when i create fly through internally the frames become blank... my computer can't render a file with too much objects inside..... and i don't have Mac nearby...
TomWaltz
Participant
ga6wa wrote:
i know how to use the archicad and i've finished with the fly-through only for the external look of my building..... but i coudn't create a fly-through inside the building because widows XP gives every program a limite of 2 GB and when i create fly through internally the frames become blank... my computer can't render a file with too much objects inside..... and i don't have Mac nearby...
You might want to try a few of my tips here:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=50724#50724
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
If the limit is the size of the file, then render in segments (~1000 frames per segment ?) compress segments and join them, OR use compression (with high quality settings) from the beginning. Remember to use reasonable resolution. High resolution of the movie is big space eater.
stefan
Expert
Having no experience in Lightwave, I wouldn't do it in Lightwave to begin with. Unless this is the direction of your future carreer, then go on and dig in. But it takes a long time to master...

Do it right inside ArchiCAD. Start with smaller camera movements, not everything at once.

Render short camera moves, about 200 frames each.

Avoid geometry if it doesn't contribute (e.g. furniture).

Assemble the shorter clips in a longer presentation using video-software.

Learn by doing 😉

Show us the result, please!
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks alot everybody....
if i want to show you my work.... my video will be long.. maybe 4 mins or 6mins because there will be a senior project exhibition.... can i attach something big like this?? i'll compress it to smaller size ofcourse....
Djordje
Ace
ga6wa wrote:
Thanks alot everybody....
if i want to show you my work.... my video will be long.. maybe 4 mins or 6mins because there will be a senior project exhibition.... can i attach something big like this?? i'll compress it to smaller size ofcourse....
Not really

If you have access to a website to post it, you can place a link here, so who wants to see can download it.

So, what is it finally? ArchiCAD or something else?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!