BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

I want the old Windows BIMx app back!

Daniel Lindahl
Contributor

Please make the old BIMx app for windows available again!

I would like to re-install that on my laptop and also recommend it for my clients. It used to work smoothly and flawlessly for the walk throughs, while the new one is jerky and unresponsive with much more cumbersome and non-intuitive navigation. I have been in some very embarrassing client presentations where this couldn't be made to work at all.

I know the new one supposedly introduced the same functions available on the hand-held devices but these are barely operational on the desktop. I'd happily dispense with them for easier smoother navigation.

Now I only use the phone to show my clients, but many of them would prefer the larger screen of their home computer.

Daniel Lindahl Architecture

cheers
Daniel
-------------------------------------
AC24 | Dell Inspiron 16+ | Windows 11
1 REPLY 1
Roland Szabo
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

@Daniel Lindahl wrote:

Please make the old BIMx app for windows available again!

I would like to re-install that on my laptop and also recommend it for my clients. It used to work smoothly and flawlessly for the walk throughs, while the new one is jerky and unresponsive with much more cumbersome and non-intuitive navigation. I have been in some very embarrassing client presentations where this couldn't be made to work at all.

I know the new one supposedly introduced the same functions available on the hand-held devices but these are barely operational on the desktop. I'd happily dispense with them for easier smoother navigation.

Now I only use the phone to show my clients, but many of them would prefer the larger screen of their home computer.

Hello Daniel,

Good news, we just released the next-generation BIMx Desktop Viewer with smoother walk-throughs, an enhanced, customizable navigation system, multiple times faster loading, and even more.

You can download it on our revamped download site and read the list of improvements in this article. I hope this new version meets your expectations.

Roland Szabo
BIMx Product Manager