Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

I want to make the spacing between the section and the section view of the floor plan different.

LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

The section marker spacing in the plan view is 10.
I want the section views to be spaced 20.
What should I do?

AC27 on window 11
13 REPLIES 13

A linked marker means it is referring to another section marker and is not necessarily looking at what you think it cuts.

It is not necessarily cutting where it is in plan.

So when you place a wall, you are not placing it where the actual section is, and that is why the section shows a different width to the markers you show.

BarryKelly_0-1657678605772.png

The original section you have linked to can even be in a different storey.

If you can't see the original section markers in your plan (they will have the same ID), you can go to the section in your Project Map or View Map, you can right click on the name and choose 'Select section marker on the home storey and zoom to it'.

That will select the real section marker.

You can delete a linked marker without affecting the real section.

You can also right click on the linked marker and choose 'Set as Source Marker'.

This will change that linked marker to the real source marker and the original source marker will become the linked marker.

But be aware, the content of the section will change to show what the actual source marker is cutting (i.e. you will now see the new wall you added but you will no longer see what was in the original section).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

I'll take what you mean by using Linked Markers.

thank you so much ^^

AC27 on window 11
Solution

Linked markers are good when you have an upper floor that is smaller than the lower floor.

You place the source marker on the lower floor and position the markers to suit the larger plan and set it to show on home storey only.

Then you place another section on the upper floor and 'link' it to the one on the lower floor - also set to show on home storey only.

Now you can move the markers on the upper floor to suit the smaller plan, but is will not adjust the width of the actual section - which comes from the lower floor section markers.

Make sure the source section on the lower floor has an unlimited height, or if you limit the height, make sure it includes the upper floor.

It will only appear as one section in the Project and View maps.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

thank you so much ^^

AC27 on window 11