BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

INTERIOR ELEVATION MARKERS......VERY UPSET WITH THEM

rob2218
Enthusiast
Still not fixed in AC20.
I can't believe that these marker tags are not "stretchable" by the nodes it is diplaying when you highlight the marker.

GS you need to fix this ASAP! please.
it's annoying to try and find that "invisible" node (of which I've spent an hour trying to grab it!!!!!! #!@!)

Please...how can I stretch the interior elevation marker left and right and WHY CAN'T I SIMPLY GRAB THE MAKER AND MOVE IT!!!!??
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
19 REPLIES 19
There are a couple of issues. To get those nodes to display, you need:
1) A single elevation type marker. It won't work with multiple views in the same marker. Looks like you've got that. So,

2) You need to select the marker by the horizontal range line at the wall. If it is a limited range marker, select on the far range. If infinite depth marker, there will be a dashed gray line at the mid-distance. These will have the end nodes you are looking for.

BTW, you might consider turning on the "Highlight Marker Range" and the "Highlight Section Depth" display to make these easier to find.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
rob2218
Enthusiast
thanks for the reply.
this isn't a multiple view elevation marker. it's only one in there.

also, where do you turn these on??

turning on the "Highlight Marker Range" and the "Highlight Section Depth" display to make these easier to find
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218 wrote:
thanks for the reply.

turning on the "Highlight Marker Range" and the "Highlight Section Depth" display to make these easier to find
Turn on the On-Screen View Option toolbar. (Under Window>Toolbars). You will find them there.
Richard
rob2218
Enthusiast
on....found that symbol that shows the limited vs. unlimited.
another question...how can I "select" the node which stretches them left or right?
it appears that some interior elevation markers can only be stretched up and down (meaning closer or farther to the tag) but I can't seem to stretch them left or right?

man, what a P.I.T.B. these markers are, seriously GS....you guys gotta reprogram these markers to be more like building elevation markers.
Richard wrote:
rob2218 wrote:
thanks for the reply.

Turn on the On-Screen View Option toolbar. (Under Window>Toolbars). You will find them there.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218 wrote:
on....found that symbol that shows the limited vs. unlimited.
another question...how can I "select" the node which stretches them left or right?
it appears that some interior elevation markers can only be stretched up and down (meaning closer or farther to the tag) but I can't seem to stretch them left or right?
You know that dashed gray line that I mentioned? You need to select THAT. If you do, then you will get nodes at each end of that line which you can stretch. If a limited range marker, the gray line will be hiding under the extents. Worst case, you can temporarily switch to an unlimited range marker to be able to get the dashed line easily selectable, then switch back.
Richard
Richard wrote:
There are a couple of issues. To get those nodes to display, you need:
1) A single elevation type marker. It won't work with multiple views in the same marker.
I should probably clarify this. You CAN do this with multiple elevations tied to the same marker, but the nodes are like nodes on a polyline. Move it, and you may be moving the extents of multiple views at the same time.

Also, the only way to see the important dashed range line is to turn on "Marker Range" in the on-screen view options. You don't need to turn it on to select the range line, but it's certainly a whole lot easier when you can see it!
Richard
Anonymous
Not applicable
rob2218 wrote:
...seriously GS....you guys gotta reprogram these markers to be more like building elevation markers.
or you could just use elevation markers What advantages do you expect to see using single internal elevation markers?
rob2218
Enthusiast
holly cow...i've tried everything.
I can't seem to get "THAT" line to show me the nodes.
no matter what I do.
limited, switch to unlimited...etc...

what the heck am I doing wrong here.

another FauxPA! is why can't i simply "GET" the interior marker like an exterior elevation marker and MOVE IT...to where I want? it seems the marker is like locked into the wall or something in location? Now if that aint dumb.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION: