BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Importing Consultant Sets into Layout Book

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a project with a large number of sheets of consultant plans in PDF format, and I usually add each consultant sheet to its own layout sheet, to allow for correct display in the Sheet Index and easy publishing to one PDF file.

Has anyone found a faster way or automated method of importing each page from the PDF into the layout book? It seems to be a tedious process of finding the external PDF file to import, selecting the page number, and renaming the layout. Not something you want to do for 100 sheets...
2 REPLIES 2
Eduardo Rolon
Not that I know of, that is what interns are for…

What I have done is instead first to create the Subsets so that the numbering matches what the consultants are using so that I get them automatically en the Names I edit in the Index after I place all the PDFs in the Layouts.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

aahatimo
Newcomer
I have been wondering how to quickly do this also. It really is great for BimX docs to have all the consultant sets also available.
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
Learn and get certified!