BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Importing Layout Book Info

Haneef Tayob
Booster
Was just wondering if anyone knows of an easy way to import (or export) the 'Layout Book Info', i.e. client, project name, projects number, etc.

I have some very large layout books set up which take over 15 minutes to open up, even after splitting the layouts books up into 'smaller' divisions. Sometime I just need to urgently reference or print 1 sheet and usually just call up a blank plotmaker layout book and import the required layout into the new layout book. The import is quick, but then I have a whole lot of blank fields which I have to manually re-fill into the 'layout book info' section
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
AC23 INT rel 3003, OS X 10.14.6 iMac 3.3ghz i5 dual monitor, 24GB RAM
7 REPLIES 7
Erika Epstein
Booster
I don't know how to import book info, but If you need lots of layout books,[changing in 10] then at the start of a project after filling in the book info you could do several "save-as'" to retain the book info and then have multiple otherwise empty books ready for when you need them.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have used the open two versions of PM Haave the old book in one and the new book in the other-----copy - paste. I have only been able to copy one line at a time but is fairly fast- certainly faster than my poor typing.

Lew Bishop
AC9 US 2219
15" PB 1.5, 1.5G ram
Aussie John
Newcomer
Haneef wrote:
I have some very large layout books set up which take over 15 minutes to open up, even after splitting the layouts books up into 'smaller' divisions.
I dont have an answer but how large are these PM files?
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Haneef Tayob
Booster
Aussie wrote:
I dont have an answer but how large are these PM files?
The layout book is approx 50mb, with over 100 A1 size sheets, linked to lots of files including Excel spread sheets, engineers autocad files and a few scans.

Erika's suggestion of saving a few blank temporary layout books with the correct info will work quite well.

Thanks
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
Aussie John
Newcomer
presumably you only need one "blank" file as you dont need to save the import each time you print or view
Have you thought about breaking up the layout book into separate files for consultants, schedules etc. It is not good if it take 15 mins to open. I dont have any files with that many pages ( usually about 40 plus A3 construction issues) but my files are large 60Mb and they dont take anywhere near that long (about 30 secs on a laptop).
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Haneef Tayob
Booster
Haneef wrote:
Was just wondering if anyone knows of an easy way to import (or export) the 'Layout Book Info', i.e. client, project name, projects number, etc.
I see that in AC10, one can load and save Project Info settings.

thanks guys
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
Erika Epstein
Booster
Haneef,
Aren't you glad you asked the question?
Erika
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3