Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Importing windows from Archicad 11 into Archicad 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please help!
My new Archicad 14 file will not allow me to edit ID tags, dimensional markers, listing #s for the window schedule. This was originally an Archicad 11 file. I have no idea why. I have tried merging the libraries, reloading, copying the windows again from the old file. This will give me the ID tags but with no way to edit them in the window settings. Any ideas or help will be greatly appreciated. thanks, Anna
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I cannot figure out how to add window tags & listings into a new window from archicad 14.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe use the transition libraries? Though I don't know if there will be problems anyways due to it being such an old version and that's assuming there is a version for AC 11 in AC 14.

When I work on older files, I find it's easier to just load that library instead of loading the AC14 one. In the case I do have to load the 14 library, I place the object I need then embed it so I can disconnect the 14 library later (embedding is one the really cool advancements in AC 14).

You could select all the objects that are the same all at once, open the objects' properties and navigate to the updated part in the AC14 library and ctrl-alt-click (bring up the syringe) before clicking on the updated part. What happens is it will inject the parameters of the selected objects into the updated part just like how the syringe works in the model space, and replaces all of the old objects with the newly updated one plus with the newly injected parameters.

I've had mixed results with this, most of the time it breaks the object but it's something to try.

My experience has been that if I want an updated part in place of an old one, I have to manually place the new part and adjust it to look like the old one, then delete the old part and replace it with the new one. In other words, yes, it's the hard way.

But I'm not a guru either so I could be proven wrong in the following responses.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you post a screenshot of the actual point where you are experiencing this problem?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anna,

One clue is that your problem is so pervasive, thus I'm going to assume you did not follow the correct order of steps in performing the library migrate sequence. Try re-reading that help file and follow it religiously. It is a vanishingly minor point but you migrate libraries.

You can trouble shoot by just loading the entire AC-11 library - not recommended - but do it anyway in a new file and see if there is any change in behavior. Another trouble shooting avenue is to make an archive of the 11 file, then open it in 14, again not a first choice but may help.

If you place a new 14 window, does it show up in the schedule and does it suffer the same problems?

The help you get is only as good as your description of the problem. Get very specific. Can you change settings other than the ID of these windows? Are you getting any library error messages when opening the file? Are the windows stock AC11 or are they 3rd party? Are the windows on locked layers? As Lazlo says - provide an annotated screen shot...

Snap